Learn how to identify retailer inventory problems that cause you to miss out on customer sales.
Do you know how much on-shelf availability problems are costing you?
It might be more than you think. Alloy makes Identifying on-shelf availability problems fast and easy. No longer must you jump through elaborate Excel hoops or rely on your retail partners to find where absent inventory is costing you.
How Alloy can help
Our Inventory Review template makes it easy to:
- Identify products with low overall weeks of supply or higher-than-target percentage out-of-stock (OOS%)
- Quantify an approximation of how costly out-of-stock incidents (what Alloy calls "Lost Sales")
- Focus in on specific locations and supplying distribution centers that are driving low supply problems
First, select a problematic item you wish to review more closely.
Remember that you can sort from highest-to-lowest OOS% by simply clicking the metric at the top of the column of interest. Selecting the circular radio button to the left of that item filters the entire view to focus on the item of interest, including the other tabs of the table.
Then, identify the locations driving the problem.
Click into the "Inventory by Location" tab to view the locations and distribution centers driving the problem. Remember that this list is exportable to Excel by clicking the gear in the upper right corner of the table.
How to set up your Alloy dashboard
- Sign in to app.alloy.ai
- Click Analysis at the top, and select the tag Alloy Applications Templates
- Open the dashboard called Template - Inventory Review
- From the drop down next to Save, select Save As, and name your new dashboard
- Note: If you do not see the template in your instance, please message your Client Solutions Lead!